Saturday, July 25, 2009

Chicken Salad

Sunday night is generally bbq night at our house. In addition to the dinner, I often bbq a few boneless/skinless chicken breasts that are lightly seasoned with salt and pepper. I then have cooked chicken to use throughout the week in various recipes. Every once in a while, I like to toss together a quick chicken salad for sandwiches during the work week. Below is my favorite chicken salad recipe. I learned it while working at a chocolate shop/cafe during high school. Please do not hesitate to alter the ingredient amounts as they may vary largely by personal preference. For example, I'm not a huge fan of mayo, so I tend to make my chicken salad on the dry side.

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup seedless grapes, halved
1/2 cup walnut pieces
start with 2-3 tablespoons mayo
dried tarragon, to taste
freshly ground pepper, to taste
salt, to taste

Combine shredded chicken, chopped celery, walnuts and halved grapes. Add mayo-- start with less and add until you have reached the desired consistency. Season to taste with tarragon, salt and pepper. Store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge until chilled. Serve on your favorite sandwich bread (mine is oatnut). I really enjoy these sandwiches with a couple thick slices of homegrown tomatoes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment