Monday, September 7, 2009

Green Chile Tortilla Roll-ups

In honor of Hatch green chile season, I thought I'd post a great party recipe. I have to be completely honest . . . I can't stand cream cheese, so I don't actually eat this one. I am fully aware, however, that most people love cream cheese, and I assure you that this one is a winner.

1 8-oz package cream cheese
1 4-oz can Hatch green chiles, drained and chopped
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon white onion, minced
dash of garlic salt, to taste
approx. 20 6-in flour tortillas, warmed (fresh is best!)

1. Combine the first five ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix until well-blended and creamy. I used my beaters for this task.
2. Spread mixture in a thin layer (think peanut butter on a PB&J sandwich).
3. Roll the tortilla's and slice into 1.5" pieces.
4. Chill for approx. 2 hours before serving.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment